Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Big city

my nose posted to the airplane window on the way down...i was amazed at the sky line.


three planes, two trains and helpful strangers

i wore my skirt and heels, not anticipating the hike from airport to subway with my suitcase that could fit a small person in it... but i did feel good.

the cab ride was something ill never forget. my phone was dying, i still had the next airport to navigate through, and two trains, and i saw my short life flash before my eyes!  the cabi stopped when he should've gone and gone when the laws of physics said to stop.

on the final train to Trenton i borrowed a strangers phone to text my person meeting me. he rides the train everyday for work into the city. so glamorous

the phone man was flirting with me, but i was so nervous and excited that i didn't blink twice.

when i got off the train, the station was full of touring Asian teens.

i got off a found a bench, and proceed to be enveloped by my nerves. i checked my face and redid my hair.

once i was all ready and fluffed i had nothing to do but stare at my hands and watch every car that pulled up wondering if it was him.

i didn't hear him walk up.  suddenly my eyes were caught and he was right in front of me.

and i was there. even my fingers smiled

No comments:

Post a Comment