Saturday, August 6, 2011

eat, pray, love myself

This book is amazing.

I've always fancied myself a bit enlightened. thoughtful even. but this particular passage got me thinking about how i tend to use others to replace what i haven't been giving myself...

"So be lonely. Learn your way around the loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your won unfulfilled yearnings.'

I have always been content being by myself. enjoyed myself even. But how funny is it that I have always had some boy in my life. some unattainable challenge, broken man that i would try to fix. think about their sadness's above my own, their issues were of more importance. ever since i was a little girl..

well that's done now. I am my own best friend. my own lover. my own divine influence. when i get there, and only when i get there, could i really ever be a functioning person that happens to be in a relationship.

it's me time, and that's OK. good even.

No comments:

Post a Comment